Apply for an Exhibition
Calling all artists and curators!
Are you a Yukon or Atlin, B.C. resident looking to exhibit your artwork? Are you an artist or curator with an incredible idea for an exhibition? Consider submitting a proposal to Arts Underground, which has two unique gallery spaces located at the Hougen Centre in the heart of downtown Whitehorse, Yukon.
Exhibition proposals are accepted year-round, and applications are typically juried three times per year in March, July, and November, with an active call for proposals distributed prior to each jury session.
The deadline for consideration at our next jury meeting is Sunday, March 15, 2020.
We are currently booking exhibitions between November 2020 to August 2021 (except December 2020).
Who can apply?
- Artists, curators, and non-profit organizations may submit exhibition proposals.
- Yukon residents (including Atlin, BC) may host solo exhibitions or participate in group exhibitions. Non-residents are permitted to participate in group exhibitions provided that at least one participant is a Yukon resident.
- Artists/organizations must be members of the Yukon Art Society at the time of their exhibitions, but do not need to be members in order to submit an exhibition proposal.
- For complete terms of eligibility, see YAS Terms of Entry and General Information
Submit your application
- Online: Apply online using our online submission form
Resources for a great exhibition proposal
- How to Apply to an Exhibition
- Artist Statement Guidelines
- 2020 YAS Terms of Entry and General Information
- Image Key
- The Artist CV - tips on writing your artist CV (via Agora Gallery)